Joe Murphy Delighted With Clean Sheet Against Tranmere Rovers

Joe Murphy Delighted With Clean Sheet Against Tranmere Rovers

Joe Murphy Delighted With Clean Sheet Against Tranmere Rovers

Coventry City keeper Joe Murphy was delighted with his clean sheet about Tranmere Rovers.

Murphy made some excellent saves including one in a mad scramble in the 70th minute following a Tranmere corner.

Speaking about his clean sheet to City club journalist Kieran Crowley, Murphy said: "I have seen a few goal-mouth scrambles in my time, but nothing like that. It was incredible as you didn't know where the ball was going next.

"It just seemed to go on forever and they probably should have scored from it. I had a bit of a chuckle if I'm honest. It was quite funny and when it went out for a corner, I couldn't stop laughing.

"It was like an Under-8s game where everyone is just piling in, kicking away randomly. But that is what you have to do to win a game sometimes and I was delighted we got through that.

"Oggy (Steve Ogrizovic) has just said to me after that scramble, he knew I was going to keep a clean sheet. We can definitely press on from this position and I think we can take a lot positives going forward.

"Long way to go in the season and that is a big three points so hopefully we can keep claiming that league and get in amongst it."


DSG

Source : http://www.football.co.uk/coventry_city/joe_murphy_delighted_with_clean_sheet_against_tranmere_rovers_rss3667965.shtml