Gary Harkins looks set to quit Dundee after apparent takeover collapse

Gary Harkins: Set to leave Dundee

Gary Harkins: Set to leave Dundee

Sky Bet

  • Football Betting

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds
  • Football Betting

  • £10 Free Bet

    Claim your free bet now!

Dundee playmaker Gary Harkins is set to quit the club and blames the apparent collapse of a Texan takeover bid for his decision.

The former Kilmarnock player moved back to Dens Park for a second spell with the Dark Blues in January but is now out of contract.

His first spell saw him suffer the turmoil of administration as the club were hit with a 25-point penalty in 2010 after calling in insolvency experts to sort out their finances for the second time in seven years.

But he believes a chance to secure the club's long-term future has been lost after the £700,000 takeover offer lodged by US company Keyes Capital sparked a boardroom split.

Harkins told Press Association Sport: "I'm a bit uncertain about how things are going with the club now that the American bid has been knocked back.

"The chief executive Scot Gardiner and gaffer John Brown have been brand new with me since I came back to the club. But with everything going on in the background now, I'd prefer a bit of stability.

"From everything I have heard about the proposed takeover, I thought it would have been great for Dundee and help to take the place forward.

"But with that falling through and directors walking, it has made everything a bit uncertain. And that makes my future uncertain, so it's something I need to think about.

"I was at the club the last time it went into administration and having gone through that, I want a bit of stability in my life.

"I don't think the people at the club will allow that to happen again but I would have liked to have seen the club going forward."


Source : http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/8743320/Gary-Harkins-looks-set-to-quit-Dundee-after-apparent-takeover-collapse