Joe Cole completes free transfer from Liverpool to first club West Ham

Sky Bet

  • Football Betting

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds
  • Football Betting

  • £10 Free Bet

    Claim your free bet now

Joe Cole has completed his return to West Ham on a free transfer.

The 31-year-old is back at his first club on an 18-month contract after Liverpool sanctioned his departure at the end of an unsuccessful two-and-a-half-year spell.

Cole, who started 108 league games for West Ham during his first period at the club, will wear the No 26 shirt he gave up to join Chelsea in 2003.

He said: "It is a great move for me. Coming back here brings back all the memories of the pitches I learnt how to play on. This is where I learnt my trade and I'm happy to have another chance to be here. I've always loved West Ham and I hope I can give the club a few memorable seasons.

"The timing was right for me to come back and I'm happy. I'm back in London and I'm delighted to be here. I want to be here and I want to make an impact."


Source : http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8379348/Joe-Cole-completes-free-transfer-from-Liverpool-to-first-club-West-Ham