Luis Suarez has claimed he will stay at Liverpool even if the club miss out on the Champions League.

Suarez: I'm staying

Suarez: I'm staying

Sky Bet

  • Football Betting

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds
  • Football Betting

  • £10 Free Bet

    Claim your free bet now

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has claimed he will stay at Anfield even if the club miss out on Champions League qualification.

Suarez has been the Reds outstanding player since his arrival from Ajax in January 2011 and has already scored 22 goals this season.

His prolific form - contrasted with Liverpool's indifferent start to the current campaign - has seen him linked with several of Europe's top clubs.

However, the Uruguay forward has insisted he sees his immediate future on Merseyside and is not looking for a move.

"I will wait until the end of the season and see how we are doing," Suarez told the Daily Mail. "We won't know until then how we are doing and what our position is so I am prepared to wait until that time.

"But I want to say now that, if you want to know what will happen to me if we don't qualify for the Champions League, then I will say this: I have a contract with Liverpool and I am very happy here. I will stay."

Suarez also singled out club captain Steven Gerrard for praise, admitting he thought it was "crazy" he had never won a Premier League winners' medal.

"Gerrard is such a good player and what he said about me I will never forget, it's unbelievable," Suarez added. "He has such a good record over many years in the English game and is a great example to all the players here, especially to me.

"It's incredible that Steven hasn't won a championship. Crazy. It must be like having a fishbone stuck in his throat. It is permanently irritating to him. I can't really believe it. You still have to recognise he is an outstanding player.

"He is a legend in the club and has lifted the Champions League for this club. That makes him special. After all, how many players in Europe have actually done that?"


Source : http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8459856/Luis-Suarez-has-claimed-he-will-stay-at-Liverpool-even-if-the-club-miss-out-on-the-Champions-League.