Carrico heading to Royals

Carrico heading to Royals

Carrico heading to Royals

Reading have secured the services of Sporting Lisbon defender Daniel Carrico, the Portuguese club have announced on their website.

The 24-year-old Sporting captain will be out of contract in June and, according to the Primeira Liga outfit, will join Reading next month in a 750,000 euros deal which includes a sell-on clause for a future transfer.

There is no official confirmation on the transfer from Reading yet but Carrico wrote a farewell letter on Sporting's website.

In it, he said: "It is with mixed emotions that I write this farewell message. I'm leaving the club of my heart, where I had the privilege of graduating (through the youth ranks) and serving for several years.

"I'm leaving because I understand that I am at a stage in my career when I have to take chances. Moreover, the proposed project is extremely exciting to me and know I can succeed."



Source : http://www.football.co.uk/reading/carrico_heading_to_royals_rss3648880.shtml