Jim Boeheim rips Big East, flips out on the media once again

Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim watches from the sideline during Wednesday's game against Connecticut. (Photo: David Butler II, USA TODAY Sports)

In case you didn't know, Jim Boeheim isn't a huge fan of the media.

The Boeheim vs. the media saga continued Monday night following Syracuse's 74-71 loss to Marquette.

Nearly two weeks after he called ESPN's Andy Katz "disloyal," the Syracuse coach again had some choice words for media members.

WATCH: Syracuse player's epic struggle from three-point range

This time a reporter had the audacity to suggest Syracuse is in need of a leader with the team losing back-to-back Big East games.

"I don't even understand that," Boeheim said via Fox Sports. "You think because you come to Marquette and lose a three-point game you need a new guy? I don't."

In this rant, Boeheim went on to express his frustration with the Big East's crumbling.

"If they had signed the TV deal for $17 million per school, I guess they are signing one now for about 2.5. That was a good decision," Boeheim said sarcastically. "Big East brought it on themselves. Sign the TV deal and nothing would have happened. They were going to get more money? Didn't work out that way."

Boeheim, 68, also lectured a reporter because he asked if injured player DaJuan Coleman would have helped slow down a Marquette scoring outburst by Davante Gardner.

"You should try coaching because that's what you think you are," Boeheim said. "Maybe you should try that."

"Any more coaches here?" he went on to ask the room. "Want to ask another coaching question? I'd be happy to take it. I've only been doing this 37 years, I'm sure you've got more ideas of who we should play or we shouldn't play or who should lead? What do I know?"

"Any more ideas for me guys? I think you ought to know by now if you start asking me those questions, I just laugh at you. That's all I'll do."

H/T Larry Brown Sports
Source : http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/02/26/jim-boeheim-flips-out-on-the-media-once-again-after-marquette-loss/1948567/