Transfer news: Cesc Fabregas pledges his future to Barcelona

Cesc Fabregas: 'It has always been my dream to play for Barcelona and that has not changed'

Cesc Fabregas: 'It has always been my dream to play for Barcelona and that has not changed'

Sky Bet

  • Football Betting

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds
  • Football Betting

  • £10 Free Bet

    Claim your free bet now!

Cesc Fabregas has said he has no desire to leave Barcelona and torpedoed any hopes that Manchester United may have held of signing him.

Three days ago the Catalan club's sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta said he thought David Moyes' side's pursuit of the midfielder was over, after they had had two bids turned down.

New coach Gerardo Martino had also insisted the player would not be leaving and now Fabregas himself, who is on a tour of the Far East with Barcelona, seemingly has killed off any talk of a switch to Old Trafford.

"It has always been my dream to play for Barcelona and that has not changed. I am very happy with life at the club," the 26-year-old said at a press conference in Kuala Lumpar.

"I am always relaxed and I have never thought about leaving Barca. I never had any doubts about my future here. It cost me a lot to return to Barca and all I want now is to be successful here.

"I did not have to clear up anything because in my head I was only going to stay at Barca.

"I have not spoken with any other club for two summers now and neither is it true that I have asked for a new contract."


Source : http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8860678/transfer-news-cesc-fabregas-pledges-his-future-to-barcelona