Northants' Lee Daggett retires to be Northampton Saints physio

Northamptonshire seamer Lee Daggett will retire at the end of the season to become a physio at rugby union side Northampton Saints.

The 30-year-old helped Northants to this year's FLt20 title - the club's first major trophy in 21 years.

Continue reading the main story

“Lee is an outstanding professionalNorthants head coach David Ripley

He started his career at Durham MCUU in 2003 and has represented Warwickshire and Leicestershire.

"I would like to thank everybody at Northants for all of your support over my five years at the club," he said.

"The success in T20 has been a great way to finish and I hope that we can top this off with further success in the Championship.

"On a personal level my career only began to progress once I joined the club and it is no surprise to me that the club is now getting the success that it richly deserves. I hope to maintain my links with all at the club over the coming years."

Daggett has enjoyed the best form of his career at Northants, with 112 of his 165 first-class wickets coming for the Wantage Road side.

Head coach David Ripley added: "Lee is an outstanding professional and it has been a pleasure to work with him during his time at Northants."