Why the Olympic Stadium is a good thing for West Ham

Why the Olympic Stadium is a good thing for West Ham

Why the Olympic Stadium is a good thing for West Ham

As a West Ham supporter the last thing I want to see is us leave Upton Park. I have so many good memories of singing Bubbles in the Bobby Moore or watching us smash Manchester United 4-0 in the League Cup. However if we are going to improve as a club and challenge the top teams we need a top stadium.

When the news first was broken that we were moving to the Olympic Stadium I had mixed views. On one hand, moving away from Upton Park is going to be hard and emotional. We have a lot of very good times there (and some very bad) and the thought of leaving it all breaks my heart. On the other hand, a bigger stadium means we will receive more income, it means we will attract better players and therefore we can push to be one of the big teams in England.

The big thing a lot of fans are worried about is how close we are going to be to the pitch. I have to admit I was one of them until I saw a YouTube video by Karen Brady explaining how the Olympic Stadium will work. The video shows how the retractable seating will work, where the champions statue will go and how West Ham will be branded in the stadium. If any West Ham fan is still feeling worried about the new stadium then I really would suggest you go to YouTube and look at this.

I am really looking forward to this new journey for West Ham United and every Hammer should be as well. I look forward to seeing you all Blowing Bubbles in the Olympic Stadium soon. Come On You Irons!


DSG

Source : http://www.football.co.uk/west_ham_united/why_the_olympic_stadium_is_a_good_thing_for_west_ham_rss4421349.shtml