Laudrup wary of 'unknown' Petrolul

Laudrup wary of 'unknown' Petrolul

Laudrup wary of 'unknown' Petrolul

Michael Laudrup admits he had not heard of a single Petrolul Ploiesti player before the draw for the Europa League play-offs, but knows Swansea must be careful to avoid being part of a famous upset.

Swansea will advance to the group stages of the competition if they can overcome the Romanian cup holders over two legs, with the Welsh club enjoying home advantage in tonight's first leg.

Laudrup's men are heavily fancied to see off Cosmin Contra's side, but the draw has meant something of a trip into the unknown for the Dane and his coaching staff.

"I had not heard of any of their players before the draw," he said.

"That's why on Wednesday we sat down with the team and showed them videos.

"When you play a game in the Premier League we all know each other. But with this team I don't think any of my players will have heard of them.

"Maybe they will know much more about us than the other way around. That's why it is important to know as much as you can.

"For example, if I'm the wide player on the right then who am I playing against? Is the full-back left-footed or right? Is he fast or is he slow?

"If I am a defender I would want to know if the opposition striker is short or tall.

"It's important the players watch the videos because my players need to see what kind of players they are up against.



Source : http://www.football.co.uk/swansea_city/laudrup_wary_of__unknown__petrolul_rss4376217.shtml