Wenger eyes 'special' additions

Wenger eyes 'special' additions

Wenger eyes 'special' additions

Arsene Wenger will recruit only 'special' players for Arsenal before the transfer window closes.

Arsenal will play Fenerbahce on Tuesday, bidding to complete qualification for the group stages of the Champions League for a 16th successive year against a side they beat 3-0 in Istanbul last week.

It will be the Gunners' first return to the Emirates Stadium since a 3-1 defeat to Aston Villa on the opening day of the Barclays Premier League season which provoked the fans' ire.

Supporters expressed frustration over Arsenal's perceived dithering in the transfer market which has seen them miss out on the likes of Gonzalo Higuain, who moved from Real Madrid to Napoli.

"I still am optimistic and I hope I will not disappoint you," said Wenger, who believes the transfer window should close before the season starts, but recognises Arsenal's need to augment the squad.

"We have not a fixed number (of signings in mind). I just think we are a bit short at the moment.

"I'm guided by my conscience to do as well as I can for this club and by the vision of the game I want to play.

"I feel with the players I have I can play the football we want to play.

"I'm a great admirer of the spirit, the attitude of these players.

"They are special and if I want to add something it has to be special."



Source : http://www.football.co.uk/arsenal/wenger_eyes__special__additions_rss4382017.shtml