Steven Gerrard claims he turned down the chance of a move from Liverpool last season

Steven Gerrard: Rebuffed the opportunity to leave Liverpool last year

Steven Gerrard: Rebuffed the opportunity to leave Liverpool last year

Sky Bet

  • Football Betting

    • Retrieving latest Sky Bet odds
  • Football Betting

  • £10 Free Bet

    Claim your free bet now!

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard has revealed he turned down a move to a Champions League club last term - and he is urging Luis Suarez to do the same.

The 33-year-old insists he was the subject of a bid from an unnamed club, but admits he was not interested in quitting the Reds.

"I had a chance to leave last year," the England international said.

"It was for a club in the Champions League, not a Premier League club, but I wasn't tempted. I've been through that before."

And Gerrard, who was once a target of Chelsea, wants Suarez to remain at Anfield despite two bids from Arsenal.

Gerrard said: "I think the only person who knows what's happening is Luis himself.

"He has a huge decision to make and, as his team-mate, I have to show him respect and give him space to make whatever decision he wants to make.

"But I think everyone knows how highly I rate him and how much I want him to stay."


Source : http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8852300/steven-gerrard-claims-he-turned-down-the-chance-of-a-move-from-liverpool-last-season